Mystery of the Universe (P) | Book, Essay
- Book description:
What is the ultimate secret of the universe? In these eloquent lectures, Steiner describes the human being as the model of creation and the primary focus of the cosmos. He talks extensively of our intimate connection with the constellation of cosmic forces, the zodiac, and the planets. The ancient Mystery traditions called individuals to "know thyself!" Rudolf Steiner tells us that this maxim does not ask us to subjectively study our own personal character but to understand our true, archetypal human nature and our decisive place in the universe. As human beings, we will progress and evolve in a real sense only by understanding our human nature and the surrounding spiritual forces - as microcosms within the greater macrocosm. This book contributes significantly to the development of the contemporary spiritual science of the human being. Previously published as Man: Hieroglyph of the Universe.
- Book Authors:
- Steiner was a philosopher, societal mind, designer, and esotericist.Steiner led this motion through several stages. In the first, more philosophically oriented stage, Steiner attempted to happen a synthesis between scientific discipline and mysticism ; his philosophical work of these old ages, which he termed religious scientific discipline, sought to supply a connexion between the cognitive way of Western doctrine and the inner and religious demands of the human being.In a 2nd stage, get downing around 1907, he began working collaboratively in a assortment of artistic media, including play, the motion humanistic disciplines ( developing a new artistic signifier, eurhythmy ) and architecture, climaxing in the edifice of a cultural centre to house all the humanistic disciplines, the Goetheanum. After the First World War, Steiner worked with pedagogues, husbandmans, physicians, and other professionals to develop Waldorf instruction, biodynamic agribusiness, anthroposophical medical specialty every bit good as new waies in legion other practical areas.Steiner advocated a signifier of ethical individuality, to which he subsequently brought a more explicitly religious constituent. He based his epistemology on Johann Wolfgang Goethe 's universe position, in which 'Thinking … is no more and no less an organ of perceptual experience than the oculus or ear. Merely as the oculus perceives colorss and the ear sounds, so believing perceives thoughts. ' A consistent yarn that runs from his earliest philosophical stage through his ulterior religious orientation is the end of showing that there are no indispensable bounds to human cognition.
Mystery of the Universe (P) Essay
- Mystery of the universe (p) essay topics, mystery of the universe (p) essay thesis, mystery of the universe (p) critical essay, mystery of the universe (p) research paper, mystery of the universe (p) analysis essay, mystery of the universe (p) argumentative essay, mystery of the universe (p) college essay, mystery of the universe (p) essay help.
- Books written by these Authors:
- A Companion to James Joyce's Ulysses
- A Companion To James Joyce's Ulysses: Biographical And Historical Contexts, Critical History, And Essays From Five Contemporary Critical Perspectives
- Joycean Cultures, Culturing Joyces
- Joyce's Web: The Social Unraveling of Modernism
- Reading Kafka: Prague, Politics, and the Fin de Siècle
- Suspicious Readings of Joyce's "Dubliners"
- The Decentered Universe of Finnegan's Wake: A Structuralist Analysis
- Writing War in the Twentieth Century Writing War in the Twentieth Century