The American Express | Book, Essay
- Book description:
Beat poet Corso's only novel. Inspired by his days in Europe, anxiously waiting for royalty checks and advances that were slow to appear, this freewheeling and farcical tale is the account of a birth in AmEx, and what came of it. With illustrations by the author. First published 1961 as No. 85 in the Traveller's Companion Series. First American publication.
- Book Authors:
- Gregory Nunzio Corso was an American poet, youngest of the interior circle of Beat Generation authors ( with Jack Kerouac, Allen Ginsberg, and William Burroughs ) .
The American Express Essay
- Gregory, babe, it is a bad thought for a poet to compose a fresh, peculiarly if he is strung out on the pharmaceuticals in cheery Paris and composing to a deadline for a publishing house who merely wants another BEAT novel to set on his list. And what did Giordis make with all that money? Spunked it on blackbird pate and Latin terpsichoreans, that 's what he did, did n't he? Corso, you were being played here, and the novel is a muss. The first edition Olympia Press transcript is a beautiful aggregators point, but that is all it is, adult male, you are better than this, and any asshole who reads BOMB knows it. Should n't hold been published. Crap. The worst sort of phantasmagoric prose One of the most eccentric 'novels ' I have of all time read. I truly had no thought what this narrative was about when I read it. I 've heard two things about this novel ; one before I read the book and one after I read the book. Before I read the book, I heard that Corso decided to compose it as he was waiting ( instead impatiently ) to hear intelligence of whether some of his poesy was traveling to acquire published or non. I besides believe that this might hold been around the clip that he was hiting diacetylmorphine, which may or may non explicate some of the eccentric 'picaresque ' quality to the novel ( Corso and Burroughs seemed to hold been reasonably close buds so possibly there is a heroin connexion at that place excessively ) . A absurd runaway with a dramatis personae of pathetic characters. Who knew Gregory Corso 'd written a novel? A merriment small narrative that is really eccentric, but overall a joy to read. it was interesting... and unusual... but... uh. ive read better... his poesy is much better than this novel.
- The american express essay topics, the american express essay thesis, the american express critical essay, the american express research paper, the american express analysis essay, the american express argumentative essay, the american express college essay, the american express essay help.
- Books written by these Authors:
- Aus Doktor Klimkes Perspektive
- Borkmann's Point
- Borkmann's Point: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery
- Borkmanns punkt
- Der Kommissar und das Schweigen.
- De terugkeer
- Kära Agnes
- Kära Agnes!
- Kim Novak Badade Aldrig I Genesarets Sjö
- Kommissarien och tystnaden
- Menneske uten hund
- Mind's Eye
- The Return
- The Return: An Inspector Van Veeteren Mystery
- Weihnachtsgeschichten Aus Skandinavien
- Woman with Birthmark