Taking the Bully by the Horns: Children's Version of Best-Selling Book Nasty People | Book, Essay
- Book description:
This self-help book explores different ways children and teenagers are bullied (both mentally and physically), how the bully becomes a bully, how the victim becomes a victim (sometimes there's a fine line between the two!), and what can be done about it. br When Dr. Jay Carter wrote his self-help book about invalidation between adults entitled, Nasty People, he received a ton of mail from readers whose lives he helped, and changed. A lot of these people were parents who requested he write another version of his book that their children would understand and could benefit. After 8 years of searching for the right person to co-author the book with him, he found Kathy Noll, whose original style of writing and ability to talk with children were perfect for the project. br The stories and examples in this book are based on actual interviews with children. It has received wonderful, positive reviews from parents, teachers, and counselors. One of whom was quoted as saying, "Taking the Bully by the Horns should be required in all schools as part of every child's education."
- Book Authors:
- Dr. Carter has made over 100 visual aspects on national telecasting and wireless in the USA, Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom ( BBC-TV in London ) , including the Larry King Show, and the Montel Williams Show. He consulted with Reader 's Digest for an article on Average People, and has consulted with the Oprah Winfrey Show. He has appeared in Oprah magazine and Cosmopolitan several times. He was a talk show host on Berks Community TV for four years.Psychologist, Best Selling Author, Speaker, and Film Maker ( awards for Bipolar Light and the Bully Caterpillar pilot movie ) , Dr. Carter is a professional talker making seminars and workshops for organisations around the state. He is the writer of the best merchandising book, Nasty People, which has sold over one million transcripts in the USA and around the universe. His new book is the Complete Idiots Guide to Bipolar Disorder via Alpha Books ( Penguin Group ) Dr. Carter is a sought after talker. He is a regular talker for Cross Country Education ( see web site nexus ) where his audience are Social Workers, Counselors, Educators, Medical Doctors, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, and Psychologists. He has appeared before colleges, universities, and establishments like Loyola University, Temple University, United Way, IBM, the Association of University Women, and Union Carbide. He was on the board of managers for the Sexual Assault Resource Center and Women in Crisis ( Battered Women ) . He was on the PA subcommittee for Government Drug and Alcohol Services. He is past president of the Berks Area Psychological Society. He was an executive director for IBM Corporation. He is presently working on a full characteristic animated movie, spread outing the award-winning Bully Caterpillar story.He does regular workshops on: - Bipolar: A New Slant- The Executive Functions, Leadership and Charisma- Bullies- Anger Management- Dealing with Difficult PersonalitiesJay 's workshops have made positive alterations in 1000s of personal and professional lives. His workshops are down to Earth and meant for any audience. He is entertaining every bit good as enlightening, with a great sense of humor.Publications- Nasty Peoples ( personality and verbal/emotional maltreatment ) , self-help, McGraw-Hill, NY, Revised 2003- Nasty Men ( personality and maltreatment ) , psychology/self-help, McGraw-Hill, NY, 1993- Nasty Women ( personality ) ego aid, McGraw-Hill, NY, 2003-Nasty Bosses ( self aid ) , McGraw-Hill, NY, 2004- Taking the Bully by the Horns by Kathy Noll with Jay Carter ( How childs can cover with hard childs ) , self-help ages 10-15, Unicorn Press, 1998 ( see website nexus to buy this book and to garner informations from a web site or make a hunt on Taking the Bully, or reach Kathy Noll at www.kathynoll.com.- Butterflies Do n't Land on Manure ( A fictionalized book. New age. Romance, escapade, enlightenment ) Unicorn Press, 1998- The Bully Caterpillar ( A narrative book for the Inner Child ) Unicorn Press, 2002- Bipolar: The Elementss of Bipolar Disorder A Practical Guide, 2010- Self Analysis: A Bootcamp Kickbutt Approach, Unicorn Press, ( 1979, 2006 ) Available on LuLu.com- The Executive Function: Unlock Your Potential, Unicorn Press, 2006 Available on LuLu.com-Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Bipolar Disorder ( self aid ) , Alpha Books, NY, 2009Diplomate Status- Diplomate chap campaigner in Pharmacology sponsored by the Prescribing Psychologists Register- Certification in Psychoactive Substance Abuse Disorders by the APA Board of Governors- Retired Diplomate in Forensic Psychology by the American College of Forensic Examiners ( ACFE )
Taking the Bully by the Horns: Children's Version of Best-Selling Book Nasty People Essay
- Taking the Bully by the Horns by Kathy Noll with Dr. Jay Carter has won National Awards for Salvaging Children 's Lifes, Making the World a Better Place, and Empowering Those in Need. This book covers the serious issues of intimidation, school force and low self-pride. It is the kids 's version of Dr. Jay Carter 's best-selling book, Nasty Peoples. For Educators, Parents & Kids -- Taking the Bully by the Horns bolsters the dignity of both the victims & the toughs, offering smart, authorising, proactive BULLY solutions.
- Taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people essay topics, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people essay thesis, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people critical essay, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people research paper, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people analysis essay, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people argumentative essay, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people college essay, taking the bully by the horns: children's version of best-selling book nasty people essay help.
- Books written by these Authors:
- Audience, Intention, and Rhetoric in Pascal and Simone Weil