The Boys In The Brownstone | Book, Essay
- Book description:
There s a lot more to gay life in the big city than Queer As Folk, QueerEye, and Will and Grace!
A "gentlemen s bar" on Manhattan s Upper East Side, the Brownstone is aquaint oasis of Chippendale and Sondheim in a wasteland of chrome and clubkids. But the boys in the Brownstone aren t all gentlemen. And their livesare anything but quaint. This sparkling collection of witty,affectionate-and disturbing-tales of the city will induce smiles, chuckles,and chills as it weaves through a colorful assortment of characters linkedtogether in the most surprising ways. Join them at the Brownstone as theygather together-some for the first time, others for the last-on the nightbefore Christmas Eve in this smart and funny first novel that s not aboutlifestyles-just lives with plenty of style.
A richly detailed slice of gay life in the big city from screenwriter KevinScott (Key Exchange), The Boys in the Brownstone is alive and kicking withthe ups and downs of the real world where gay men may be hot, funny, andfashionable but are also real men with jobs, families, and fears. Withhumor, heart, and a little bit of courage, they deal with the issues of gaymarriage, gays in the priesthood, AIDS, diversity, narcissism, consumerism,circuit parties, and everything else that comes with the territory whenyou re living in gay New York City, circa 2004.
- Book Authors:
- Librarian Note: There is more than one writer in the Goodreads database with this name.
The Boys In The Brownstone Essay
- The Brownstone, a cheery saloon on the flush Upper East Side of New York, is frequented by a varied mixture of hung-up cheery work forces ; and the staff a mix of immigrants and streetwalkers. As the narrative unfolds in six parts it centres in bend on single characters or groups of characters, their lives and loves, with the Brownstone as a point of mention. The different persons appear and reappear in the narratives as their lives intersect. early homosexual novel... all right read
- The boys in the brownstone essay topics, the boys in the brownstone essay thesis, the boys in the brownstone critical essay, the boys in the brownstone research paper, the boys in the brownstone analysis essay, the boys in the brownstone argumentative essay, the boys in the brownstone college essay, the boys in the brownstone essay help.
- Books written by these Authors:
- Astonishing X-Men: Nightcrawler, Volume 1: The Devil Inside
- Astonishing X-Men: Nightcrawler, Volume 2: The Winding Way
- Civil War: Peter Parker, Spider-Man
- Dead of Night Featuring Man-Thing
- Marvel Holiday Digest
- Marvel Knights 4, Volume 1: Wolf at the Door
- Marvel Knights 4, Volume 2: The Stuff of Nightmares
- Marvel Knights 4, Volume 3: Divine Time
- Marvel Knights 4, Volume 4: Impossible Things Happen Every Day
- Marvel Knights 4, Volume 5: The Resurrection of Nicholas Scratch
- Peter Parker Spider-Man: Back in Black
- Say You Love Satan - Acting Edition
- Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four
- Sensational Spider-Man: Feral
- Sensational Spider-Man: Feral Premiere Hc
- Sensational Spider-Man: Hunted
- Spider Man 2: The Movie
- Spider-Man, Peter Parker: Back in Black
- The Mystery Plays